COVID-19 UPDATES: 2020 / 2021 School Year
We are always evaluating our best practices within Children’s Ministries. In everything that we do, SAFETY is a top priority. We will now be offering a combination of in person AND online activities for Club 45 (our midweek preteen ministry), with specific policies and procedures for every event.
IN-PERSON Club 45 Procedures:
- Club 45 will occur in the Worship Center, Room 5, and the Youth Room at Good Shepherd Church (based on attendance).
- All pick-up and drop-off will be determined in correlation to your child’s assigned room (this will be communicated to you prior to). *NEW THIS YEAR*: We ask that ONLY preteens enter the building. Parents will be asked to drop-off and pick-up OUTSIDE of their child’s assigned location.
- Upon entering the building, preteens will be greeted by a Children’s Ministries Leader to go through the check-in process.
- Temperature checks will take place PRIOR to entrance. In the event that a temperature is 100.4 F or above, parents will be notified immediately for pick-up.
- Masks will be required by everyone who arrives at Good Shepherd; masks MUST cover your nose and mouth.
- Hand-sanitizer will be available at check-in and must be applied prior to entering the building.
- Please self-assess your child(ren) before coming to church. If your child is not feeling well or has COVID-like symptoms, we welcome them to participate in Club 45 online!
- We will practice social distancing in the Worship Center, Youth Room, and Room 5 with at least 6 feet between each person, which will be marked accordingly for preteens. Our optimal size of Club 45 small groups are 8 children with 2 leaders (i.e. 2 Adults or 1 Adult and 1 Student). Preteens will not be changing room locations at any point during the hour.
- Dismissal procedures will be the following: Upon arrival for pick-up, parents will be asked to text a given ministry leader their arrival. Preteens will be dismissed under the supervision of our Children’s Ministry team to the parent for pick-up.
What is Club 45?
Club 45 is our midweek preteen ministry for those in 4th and 5th grade! Preteens will learn about Jesus through games, a large group message, and small group time with other preteens and Children’s Ministry leaders. Church membership is NOT required to attend, and we welcome all to join us in accordance to COVID guidelines.
Club 45 will meet weekly on TUESDAYS from 7:00-8:00pm. Each event will be open to a limited number of individuals based on completion of registration. Because of the limited group size, advanced registration IS required. ***09/23 Update: In-person registration is now full. We welcome you to register your child for our online experience complete with online small groups!***
As we are currently experiencing COVID-19 as a church community, please check out our online resources for parents with early childhood/elementary-aged kids! These resources are updated weekly and compliment our weekend worship services.
****Our team is currently working on ministry updates for the 2020-2021 school year.***