REGISTER FOR IN-PERSON WORSHIP:
- September 20, 9am CST
- September 20, 10:30am CST
- September 27, 9am CST
- September 27, 10:30am CST
- October 4, 9am CST
- October 4, 10:30am CST
As we are in the midst of Phase Four of Restore Illinois, the Re-opening Team has been making plans for when we return to 1310 Shepherd Drive for in-person worship. We are carefully putting processes in place, making the health and safety of our guests the top priority.
GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES. We use public health guidance, metrics, and recommendations to lead our Re-opening discussions and to advise our teams to execute plans.
WORSHIP SERVICES. In-person worship was re-introduced at 1310 Shepherd Drive in Naperville on Sunday, August 23, to be added in addition to our online options.
Please note these important procedures and safety measures:
- To join us for in-person service, please pre-register online. Space is limited to allow proper social distancing.
- Please self-assess before coming to church. If you or any members of your household are exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home and watch our services online at https://goodshepherdnaperville.online.church
- Face masks are required at all times at all in-person services (ages 2 and up). Masks must cover your mouth and nose.
- If you forget your mask, disposable masks will be available. Hand-sanitizer will be available in several locations.
- Practice social distancing, at least 10 feet between each person in the worship spaces to allow for singing (according to government guidelines). At least six feet is appropriate in the building outside of the worship spaces.
- Our goal is to provide a minimal contact environment. Therefore, please use your smartphone to fill out a connection card, submit prayer requests, read the Prayer and Action Guide and give your financial gifts. Seat backs will be empty, and we will not be passing out any printed materials. Giving boxes will be available at the back of the room since we will not pass an offering basket.
- Our worship spaces will have a process in place for seating you safely. We ask that you follow seating instructions so we can provide physical distancing for everyone.
- We will ask everyone to leave the worship space immediately after each service for cleaning and for safety reasons. Cleaning will be enhanced in other areas of the building as appropriate, including the Narthex and restrooms.
- Children’s ministry activity bags will be available for kids to bring into in-person services. Sparklers, Sparks and Fusion will not be open during in-person services at this time.
- The Cornerstone Café will not be open at this time.
FLEXIBILITY. Please be advised that as the COVID-19 pandemic is a fluid situation. Dates and plans may have to change according to government guidelines or situations in our community.
MINISTRIES. Even though the building may reopen, please note that not all ministries will resume at the same time.
COMMUNICATIONS. We are committed to keeping the congregation informed, so please make sure to check our website for updates. We will post updates regarding our plan as they become available.
If you would like more detailed information, feel free to reach out to the committee at: email@example.com.
A hearty thank you to the reopening team for all their work to ensure a safe and orderly gradual reopening of our building, and to you all for your faithful service and leadership!
Though we are physically apart, God is using this time to challenge, shape and connect us in new ways, as well as to reach even more people with the Gospel. Thank you for your partnership and prayers as we adjust to the new normal.
For updates relevant to the Coronavirus pandemic, visit Coronavirus Updates.