WHEN SHOULD MY CHILD BEGIN RECEIVING COMMUNION?
The decision of when your child will receive communion is one that every parent should prayerfully consider. The study of scripture, guidance by the Holy Spirit, and consideration of family beliefs, are some of the things that help direct this decision. Regardless of when you choose for your child to begin receiving communion, Good Shepherd partners with families by offering Communion instruction beginning in 4th grade.
Full-day attendance at the retreat is necessary to participate in the First Communion worship service.
- First Communicants will come with their parents, or other significant adult, to learn more about who God is and who we are as His children.
- Full-day attendance at the retreat is necessary to participate in the First Communion worship service.
- The cost is $35 per child for the day. This includes lunch and materials.
- Scholarships are available if needed.
- Childcare is available for siblings for a $15 fee per child. Lunch is included.
- Invite family to a special First Communion Service.
- Optional cake reception follows.
- If you cannot attend, your child can receive communion on the next weekend your family comes to church. Please understand that First Communicants will only be recognized at the First Communion Service.
Upcoming First Communion dates will be listed here when details become available.
For more information, reach out to our ministry leader by using the button below.