What is VBS?
Vacation Bible School is a hands-on, Spirit-led week, which focuses on a different theme each year. Our theme is explored through prayer, singing worship, crafts, games, small group discussions, and so much more!
When is VBS?
Vacation Bible School takes place one week every June from 9am – noon.
Who can attend?
• Birth – 36 months (children of FULL-TIME LEADERS ONLY) – nursery
• Age 3 by 9.1.of given year (children of FULL-TIME LEADERS ONLY) – Early Childhood VBS
• Age 4 by 9.1.of given year thru Kindergarten – Early Childhood VBS
• Children entering 1st – 5th Grade – Elementary VBS
Accommodations are available for children with special needs. Contact special needs ministry for more information.
Who can be a leader for VBS week?
This is not only a transforming experience for the children attending, but also for the 200+ leaders! Adult and student leaders welcome!
- A background check for adults 18 and older is required. If you do not already have a current background check on file, this will be emailed to you by our HR team.
- It is mandatory for all leaders, even if you have served before, to go through the leader training.
- 6th – 7th grade student leaders must serve with a parent.
- There is 5 year age gap between leaders 8th grade and up. (i.e., if you are in 8th grade, you will enjoy working with children 3rd grade or younger.)
- 8th – 12th graders will be partnered with an adult leader. 11th – 12th graders are able to lead a small group with another 11th – 12th grader. An interview with a staff member is required for both students.
- For Special Needs (FUSION) buddies, 6th – 8th graders MUST serve with a parent. 9th – 12th graders will be paired one-on-one with a FUSION student at the director’s discretion.
Students entering 6th – 8th grade can consider signing up for Eternal Impact. Information will be available in Student Ministries.
Registration begins Monday, April 2. Cost is $45 per child. Full-time leaders do not pay for nursery-aged registered children (birth – 36 months). A VBS T-shirt included in registration if registered by May 20. Payment through online registration. For more information Roseanne at firstname.lastname@example.org.