We have several serving opportunities available for group leaders (lessons and materials are provided), special event planning and service teams (tech, check-in, welcome, etc.). If you are interested in partnering with us to serve children as they come to know and love God, please view the opportunities below or send us an email.
- Complete Leader Interest Form Online
- Someone from our team with be in contact with you within the week
- Meet one-on-one with a staff member to find the best fit for your gift set
- Pair up with an experienced Team Leader to shadow/observe your desired area(s) of interest
- Receive your placement
- We will check back in with you 30-60-90 days to be sure you’re in the right spot
What is VBS?Vacation Bible School is a hands-on, Spirit-led week, which focuses on a different theme each year. Our theme is explored through prayer, singing worship, crafts, games, small group discussions, and so much more!
When is VBS?Vacation Bible School takes place one week every June from 9am - noon.
Who can attend?• Birth - 36 months (children of FULL-TIME LEADERS ONLY) - nursery • Age 3 by 9.1.of given year (children of FULL-TIME LEADERS ONLY) - Early Childhood VBS • Age 4 by 9.1.of given year thru Kindergarten - Early Childhood VBS • Children entering 1st - 5th Grade - Elementary VBS Accommodations are available for children with special needs. Contact special needs ministry for more information.
Who can be a leader for VBS week?This is not only a transforming experience for the children attending, but also for the 200+ leaders! Adult and student leaders welcome!
- A background check for adults 18 and older is required. If you do not already have a current background check on file, this will be emailed to you by our HR team.
- It is mandatory for all leaders, even if you have served before, to go through the leader training.
- 6th - 7th grade student leaders must serve with a parent.
- There is 5 year age gap between leaders 8th grade and up. (i.e., if you are in 8th grade, you will enjoy working with children 3rd grade or younger.)
- 8th - 12th graders will be partnered with an adult leader. 11th - 12th graders are able to lead a small group with another 11th - 12th grader. An interview with a staff member is required for both students.
- For Special Needs (FUSION) buddies, 6th - 8th graders MUST serve with a parent. 9th - 12th graders will be paired one-on-one with a FUSION student at the director’s discretion.
- Area Coordinator - Oversee a specific area during CLUB 45 or SPARKS ministry.
- FUSION Buddy - be paired one-on-one or assist in a classroom setting with a child with special needs. No formal training needed!
- Large Group Leader - Lead a group of children through storytelling in The Big God Story.
- Music Leader - Lead and energize children through song, praise and movement.
- Small Group Leader - Lead a specific small group of children and their families to connect with The Big God Story.
- Sparklers Leader - Demonstrate God's love by providing a loving and safe environment during worship services for children ages birth - 36 months.
- Substitute - Lead a group of children when the regular leader is unable to be there.
- Family Events - Assist in coordinating one or more event(s) throughout the year (i.e., Fall Festival).
- Faith Connections - Work with a team to coordinate faith experiences for families with the intention of equipping parents in their role as primary spiritual leader.
- First Impressions - Welcome families as a greeter/guide, computer check-in attendant or new family registration assistant.
- Admin - Organize and prepare supplies needed so leaders can focus on children and The Big God Story.
- CLUB 45 Assistant - Coordinate snack, offsite fellowship, service events, and leader appreciation.
- Decor - Assist in creating fun, inviting environment for families to connect to The Big God Story for various ministry events.
- Leader Appreciation - Appreciate leaders throughout the year by providing breakfast and/or treats throughout the year.
- Tech - Set up and provide support as needed during various Children's Ministry events.