Loaves and Fishes Community Services. This local food pantry and ministry partner is serving over 1,000 families per week with grocery assistance during the Pandemic.
In-person serving options through Loaves and Fishes:
• Great need for individuals who can lift 20-pound boxes
• If you are a new volunteer, complete an online volunteer profile HERE.
Feed My Starving Children.
In-person serving. Great for families and small groups! FMSC’s Aurora location has enhanced safety procedures due to COVID-19:
• The new packing setup has been changed to accommodate group sizes of one to five people.
• Children must be age 5 or older to participate.
• Masks are required (bring your own)
• A reservation is required; no walk-ins will be accepted.
• Watch a video on what to expect when packing HERE
• General sign up for FMSC serving HERE
Hesed House. This homeless shelter in Aurora is the second largest in the state of Illinois and a long-time mission partner of Good Shepherd. During this time of crisis, helping the vulnerable is among our highest priorities.
Our next date to serve will be July 14th & 15th. Food donations and serving opportunities will be posted several weeks prior.
New beginnings for Cheryl’s Children’s Home!
Cheryl’s was founded to rescue abandoned, orphaned children from the slums of Nairobi, Kenya. Their remarkable journey included eviction and relocating to a sub-par temporary facility. The search for a permanent home has been years in the making. It is with joyful hearts that we announce that Cheryl’s now has a future home!
In November, CCH closed on a property that will become their permanent site! There is still a long journey ahead, but we are now a few steps closer to realizing the dream of a beautiful new school and dormitories for these precious children.
Together we can move this project forward and help rebuild lives and futures! If God lays it on your heart to give, above and beyond your normal Good Shepherd giving, you can do this online in a few simple steps HERE.
100% of these funds will be designated to build a new school and dormitories for Cheryl’s Children’s Home and Learning Center improving the quality of life for 70 orphans living at Cheryl’s and another 175 students from nearby slums who attend K-8 school at Cheryl’s and receive 2 meals a day.
DuPage Care Center. Good Shepherd has a long relationship with DuPage Care Center, where we have been serving the Senior Community since 2000. During the Pandemic, our team has found new and creative ways to support this community, including streaming online worship services, providing music in the courtyard, hosting virtual coffee hours, organizing puzzle drives, and care bag donations. Email our leader below to get connected in any of these ways:
• Music Performances: Do you sing or play an instrument? Help us to delight Seniors by providing music in the courtyards outside resident rooms. Youth are welcomed and encouraged! Date: Monday-Friday 9 am- 3:00 pm (depending on the area).
• Shopping: Since residents can’t go out and shop, we are looking for volunteers who would want to shop for them.
Participating in Virtual Coffee Hour: We have a Good Shepherd team that is hosting a virtual coffee hour to connect and communicate with Residents.
Additionally, DuPage Care Center has put together an Amazon wishlist to help support its residents and their quality of life during COVID-19 restrictions. Learn ways to help support HERE.
Thrivent Action Teams. If you are a Thrivent Member, you are eligible for a $250 gift card to support community involved service projects. Please consider partnering with Good Shepherd to put this money into action with our current community outreach efforts! Together we can make an impact! We will walk you through the easy process step by step.