***During the Coronavirus pandemic, please refer to our Family Resource Page for information and ideas for at-home ministry activities.
The programs below are not meeting until further notice. Please stay tuned for updates as they become available. Thank you for your patience.
- Sparklers (Nursery) – Sundays am
- Sparks – Sundays am
- Club 45 – Wednesday evenings
- All God’s Children Choir – Sunday mornings
- Grace Notes Choir – Tuesday evenings
Good Shepherd has many opportunities for children to grow in faith and connect with other children. Sunday School (SPARKS) is the primary program for children, but there are many fun opportunities throughout the year for your child, including an Easter Egg Hunt, Vacation Bible School, Fall Festival, and a night to celebrate Advent.
We have several serving opportunities available for group leaders (lessons and materials are provided), special event planning and service teams (tech, check-in, welcome, etc.). If you are interested in partnering with us to serve children as they come to know and love God, please click here to learn more about our opportunities.
WHEN SHOULD MY CHILD BEGIN RECEIVING COMMUNION?The decision of when your child will receive communion is one that every parent should prayerfully consider. The study of scripture, guidance by the Holy Spirit, and consideration of family beliefs, are some of the things that help direct this decision. Regardless of when you choose for your child to begin receiving communion, Good Shepherd partners with families by offering Communion instruction beginning in 4th grade. Full-day attendance at the retreat is necessary to participate in the First Communion worship service.
- First Communicants will come with their parents, or other significant adult, to learn more about who God is and who we are as His children.
- Full-day attendance at the retreat is necessary to participate in the First Communion worship service.
- The cost is $35 per child for the day. This includes lunch and materials.
- Scholarships are available if needed.
- Childcare is available for siblings for a $15 fee per child. Lunch is included.
- Invite family to a special First Communion Service.
- Optional cake reception follows.
- If you cannot attend, your child can receive communion on the next weekend your family comes to church. Please understand that First Communicants will only be recognized at the First Communion Service.
Upcoming First Communion dates will be listed here when details become available.For more information, reach out to our ministry leader by using the button below.
Tuesday nights, September - April, 7-8pmClub 45 provides a fellowship and outreach opportunity for 4th/5th graders. It allows them to join together and bring friends to learn about Jesus, have fun playing messy games, eating creative snacks and joining in fellowship with one another. This is a great bridging opportunity for 5th graders transitioning into 6th grade ministry (FUEL). All 4th and 5th graders are welcome! Church membership is not required to participate. Register here.
- Grace Notes (Kindergarten -2nd grade)
- Rehearses Tuesday evenings from 5:30-6:15pm
- All God’s Children (3rd-6th grade)
- Rehearses Sunday mornings from 8:30-9:15am
- 9:29/9:30 & 11:00/11:01 Sunday services
Upcoming My Bible dates will be listed here when details become available.For more information, reach out to our ministry leader by using the button below.
- One-on-one buddies
- Coordination with staff and small group leaders
- Accommodations (visual schedules, fidgets, etc.)
We are open! 2020-2021 Preschool RegistrationRegistration for the 2020-2021 school year is now open HERE. Classes available for children 2½ to 5 years old by September 1, 2020. For more information, please contact us at 630-961-9055, preschool@goodshepherd-
Good Shepherd Lutheran Preschool is a Christian-based preschool with experienced, caring teachers in a friendly, safe atmosphere. Our curriculum based on the Illinois Early Learning Standards and includes Spanish and Musik Garten enrichment classes, monthly Sanctuary visits with the pastors for spiritual growth, and Handwriting without Tears®. Good Shepherd Lutheran Preschool Offers:
- A balance of self-directed learning and teacher planned experiences.
- Curriculum that includes many opportunities to participate in a wide variety of interests.
- Parent-teacher communication through monthly and weekly newsletters, e-mails, and parent teacher conferences.
- A team of director, teachers and teacher assistants who exceed the qualifications of DCFS.
- Field trips, Mom’s day, Dad’s day, parent informational programs and many other fun activities throughout the year.