Generosity Is a Way of Life!
Generosity is something God wants for us, not from us. Your abundant giving allows us the opportunity to do God’s work and make an impact! Consistent giving provides stability, strength and support to all of our ministries.
Please note that we are transitioning to new online giving through Realm, our new church platform. If you currently give online, you can cancel your existing giving and set up new online giving through Realm, using the link below, or watch for an email with instructions in the coming weeks.
There are several ways to give:
- NEW online giving. Click to set up online giving through our new platform, Realm.
- Existing online giving. Click to modify your existing online giving account (aka Simply Giving).
- Text Giving. From your mobile device, send a text to 73256 and type keyword GSHEP. A giving link will immediately be delivered to your mobile device so you can give to Good Shepherd.
To cancel further messages, text STOP. If you need assistance with text giving, text HELP. Standard text message and date rates may apply.
- Drop off your Cash or Check in person, or mail a check to our finance office: Good Shepherd, 1310 Shepherd Drive, Naperville, IL 60565
- Stocks donated directly to Good Shepherd may receive special tax benefits from the IRS. Please contact our finance department using the link below so we can help with the process.
Please note: For online transactions, we strongly encourage you to select a bank account transfer, which will maximize your gift. Credit card and debit card transactions are also options, but please know that because there is a 2-3% fee, these options reduce the impact of your contributions.
Charitable Givers and the CARES Act
As the COVID-19 outbreak maintains its devastating grip on countless lives worldwide, the generous community of National Christian Foundation (NCF) givers is doing what it always does: passionately mobilizing resources for the churches and charities serving those in need. Now, the passing of the CARES Act brings new opportunities to help givers make an even greater charitable impact at this pivotal time.
- Individual itemizers: Givers who itemize their deductions may continue to deduct charitable gifts like before, but they now get a special deduction for cash gifts made in 2020 to churches and public charities. With this special deduction, givers are able to deduct up to 100% of their adjusted gross income (AGI) in 2020.
- Individual non-itemizers: Givers who take the standard deduction on their personal tax return are entitled to deduct up to $300 from their income for cash gifts made in 2020 to churches and public charities. This is in addition to the standard deduction.
For additional information, see the CARES Act flyer below.